PKW is a VCF (Voluntary, Community and Faith) sector-led community-based health improvement and wellbeing programme, promoting multi-disciplinary, collaborative partnerships that can improve people’s health and wellbeing and help to prevent and delay people needing to access health and social care services.
PKW aims and objectives
The Heeley and Gleadless PKW programme will:
· Work towards improving the health and wellbeing of the residents of the area and increase community resilience.
· Promote health improvement and wellbeing activities, especially amongst the 30-70% Risk Stratification groups, thus reducing visits to GPs, hospital admissions and the length of hospital stays.
· Empower and develop sustainable capacity within local VCF organisations including the core local VCF organisations – currently Heeley City Farm and Reach South Sheffield.
· Strengthen partnership working and co-operation by engaging and involving other partners – statutory, local authority, citywide, regional and national organisations working in our area, VCF sector, not-for-profit and private sector (e.g. Care Homes, Pharmacies etc.) in the partnership
· Work with other PKW providers and supporters – e.g. Darnall Wellbeing, Manor and Castle Development Trust, Voluntary Action Sheffield etc. – mutually increasing our knowledge, expertise and capacity.
Partnership members include