The alterations proposed include:
- Removal of the pews (these will be sold),
- Removal of the balcony,
- Removal of the old heating and lighting installations,
- Levelling of the floors by removing the pew platforms,
- New ramped access to stage and chapel areas,
- Providing new underfloor heating with separate zones,
- New creche / small meeting room built in North Aisle
- New carpet covering to most floors,
- Ceramic tiles to the floor in the font area and hard flooring to new cafe area across the rearmost section of the church,
- Opening up the stage area by relocating the pulpit and removing the dais wall,
- New energy efficient lighting,
- Replacement of fibreglass windows with clear glazing,
- Improved storage facilities in the vestry,
- Full decoration,
- New furnishings including two grades of stackable chairs, tables for cafe area,and tables for community exhibitions and workshops etc.
- New audio/visual system with hearing loop.
All of this will mean that Heeley Parish Church will be:
- Beautiful, the loss of pews will be far offset by architectural gains
- Flexible, the facilities will be available with or without chairs, for small or large groups.
- Warm, in winter the heating will work!
- Well lit, the natural light from the windows and the new LED lighting will make it suitable for crafts, exhibitions, and activities where you need decent light
- Economic, the cost of running the facilities will be affordable due to heating and lighting efficiencies.
- Viable, the long term future of the church for Christian ministry will be secured by having a much increased rental income from third party user groups.
- A wonderful resource for the Community, for worship and for Christian Mission.
The detailed drawings may be downloaded by following these links